CASE HISTORY AND SAMPLE CLIPS
Scottish Development Agency offers help and advice to companies
Creating Jobs through Economic Development
SDI offers help and advice to companies looking for the ideal investment location for their business and provides a range of services for businesses thinking about entering the overseas market.
Invest in Scotland (formerly the Scottish Development Agency) offers help and advice to companies looking for an overseas, English-speaking location for their business.
The Scottish Development Agency asked The Bohle Company to help attract high tech companies to locate manufacturing and distribution facilities in Scotland, which would bring jobs to skilled workers displaced by a down turn in Scotland’s historic ship building industry.
Over a three year period, we promoted the country heavily to U.S. companies in the electronics and oil industry business sectors, industries targeted as likely candidates to locate new facilities in Scotland. We
• Ran multiple development luncheons to promote Scotland as a location for European and headquarters manufacturing operations for California-based companies, managing the accumulation of invitation lists, RSVPs, program development, rehearsals and interface with the venues
• This included arranging, staffing and generating attendance at luncheons for interested companies in the U.S.
• We also wrote all speeches, generated slides for lead speakers
• Wrote all slogans, produced all collateral materials used by agency in the U.S. That included coming up with the term “Silicon Glen, for the growing route of highway near Glasgow, home to numerous American electronics companies, as a result of earlier migrations and our efforts
• Recommended research and surveys used in both the marketing and press programs
• Set up visits for reporters to American companies based in Scotland, resulting in extensive coverage in the electronics and oil trades
• Handled placement of stories in business sections of daily newspapers and national business magazine features
• Coordinated the activities of British-American CEOs serving on the SDA advisory board at SDA events
• Coordinated programs with Scottish Tourism Board
• During the course of our work, seven U.S. electronics companies decided to open new manufacturing and distribution facilities in Scotland
• Two oil companies initiated plans for operations in Aberdeen
• Thousands of Scots were put back to work